Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Still more rust! At least the title is apt.......

Where to start! Actually - been a lazy sod to be honest. A friends stag evening and wedding, final game of the season and league champions, plus other personal catastrophes have added to a distinct lack of progress on cars....... small things done - but weather improving and light until 11ish - so no more excuses.

Mk1 2000 - started flatting back the horrendous paintwork from the myopic loon that sprayed her last...... not a case of orange peel - more like Eczema! She's running sweet after ignition parts, leather interior fed n cleaned up. Got to find someone to repair passenger seat, stitching coming away on squab. Attention grabber over here, not seen another on the road for a long time in Belgium, none in Brussels at all!

MK2 2500S - sitting outside a friends, almost all the welding done but I've not been there for a while (see above ) so stagnant - interior to re-fit after floors treated and all sealed up again. Only a couple of small patches to do..... HAVE YOU SEEN THE COST OF REPLACEMENT INNER ARCHES!!!! DAMN!

BOTH Triumphs - a trader who shall remain nameless ( for now ) was called, requested 2 radiators - second hand but usable so I could get my damaged originals re-cored ( got to find someone to do that here too! ). Waited, .... waited...... waited some more....... they then show up. Opened the box - both useless - need recoring. Phone call of course - "I said they were no good for use" - I argued the point, "Why would I buy another 2!!!! Radiators that are no bloody good - I already have 2! I stated I wanted them usable - so I can get mine re-done. What do you suggest"
Response - "Pity you're over in Brussels eh?" .............. dumbfounded!

Alfa - still sitting there - friends Spitfire fixed ( I got side tracked ) so he can sell it now ( bought a TR6 ). Then I can get into the garage and get the damn brakes done (again!).

DS - haven't even seen it for 3months.

Dolomite - I'm starting to cry now........................

Off to the world cup - don't be surprised if it's silent for 6 weeks and little progress is made.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home