Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another day another wad goes......

Welcome and apologies, most of this will be the disappointing side of old car ownership as I'm currently enslaved by a Dolly Sprint, 2500S MK2, 2000 MK1 auto, 78 Alfa GTV and a 73 DS 23 Pallas........ the following entries will encourage anyone thinking of old car ownership - to go out and shoot themselves now, saving the heartache and pain in the meantime.

Currently under the knife are the following -
GTV - rear caliper popped - new one obtained but of course the darling allen bolts holding the drive shaft to the disc refuse to budge - more later. Wing top repairs await fitment ( join the queue! )
2500S - daily driver - ran flawlessly for ages - brakes went extremely soft overnight yesterday so hunting the leak after I'd prised my fingers from around the steering wheel! Screen leaks now too.
2000Mk1 - Just swapped the water pump and radiator, of course captive nuts no longer captive so will sort that this evening and finish flush n refill with correct anti-freeze etc... Screen ALWAYS leaked - new seal ordered.
DS23 Pallas - Not to be outdone - just finished re-doing suspension as part of total rebuild and started engine to check it raised OK, you guessed it - water pump threw detritus all over the newly cleaned engine bay...... OH - and the exhaust decided one tail pipe was enough TA - so new pump and exhaust rear half on order.
Thankfully the Dolly is in my parents back-yard but god knows the sate that'll be in when I finally get over there. I dread to think.

Just to cap it all - I can't find a garage large enough ( that won't mean me selling my soul to pay for it ) anywhere...... despite all the unused and empty buildings around my locale. The hunt is on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home