Thursday, January 05, 2006

Another day aother problem.

Spent most of the other night out in the freezing cold trying to get the MK1 to play the game. I'd left it untouched for a while so my own fault I suppose, but an hour of fiddling, cleaning contacts, checking sparks and fuel supply and a major jump lead session had the old girl running. I then discovered the choke was siezed so the lump was determined to self destruct. To help it along - the radiator I fitted recently ( and was fine ) decided I didn't have enough on my plate and dropped it's coolant guts all over the floor. Another two required now as the Mk2 has always lost a miniscule amount since I repaired it 3 years ago.

The Alfa has been acting up in the handbrake dept. so I need to get under it again soon. I picked up the transaxle i stole from E-b*y and will be getting it built up and ready to go on asap.

Most worrying is the loss of my garage, a friend going back to blighty in 5 days - I sorted another place out but have learned in the last 24hours that I can't take over until Feb. There's no way I can leave the DS outside so I'm desperately overcoming the language barrier and hunting for another place. Fat chance!

MK2 had been left a while too, I returned the other day to find a flat - but this was vandalism. Swapped with the spare, eventually - the nightmare of location, street construction here and lack of ground clearance when sitting on the rim had me scratching my head a little. ( I've now discovered has a slow puncture! ) BUT - it just keeps going and going.........

Off to find a barn or something...........back soon.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home